Another month has passed, and I’ve decided to put together another post of links to blog posts regarding light novels:
- The Stefan Keys Blog reviewed a one-shot light novel called Gekkou, which appears to be a mystery with a romance subplot.
- A review by Windborne was added for an action series called Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, by Takaya Kagami (with art by Yuu Kamiya). This blog puts up a new light novel review every week, so you can find an opinion for many series there.
- Then for a light novel by Yuu Kamiya (author and artist of No Game No Life) here is a review of Clockwork Planet. This post is from Melodicity, who also gave a review for Apocalypse Alice (Mokushiroku Alice), an LN by the aforementioned Takaya Kagami.
- Frog-kun has written another nice article on translating light novels, this time focusing on how he wrote the protagonist of the OreGairu series.
- I recently came across Aqua Scans’ fan translation project for the Sugar Apple Fairy series, and thought I’d share a link for their progress.
- And over at Organization Anti-Social Geniuses, Justin shares some thoughts on the first volume of Accel World.
- This post at Life and Anime is technically a review for the anime, but it’s for Gosick so I have to include it. ;)
- Did you know there was a Light Novel Twitter Cup? I didn’t, but here are the results for the first half of 2014, which is pretty surprising not only in what titles make the cut, but which ones don’t.
- Did you know there is a light novel arcade fighting game in Japan? It’s called Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, which will be ported to the PS Vita and Playstation 3 in Japan on November 13th. The game will allow you to play as the likes of Taiga (Toradora), Shizuo (Durarara), and Mikoto (A Certain Magical Index), and be assisted by support characters such as Boogiepop, Kino (Kino’s Journey), and Maou-sama (The Devil is a Part-Timer).
That’s all the news I have for now–other than, of course, all the English light novel announcements from yesterday. :)
Leave a comment if you have anything to add for August, so we can share more light novel articles with everyone.