How is everyone’s new year coming along? I hope everyone’s been able to read a light novel or two this past month. Did you forget your new year’s resolution to read at least 100 of them this year? ;P
I have a few LN-related links to share from Frog-kun’s blog Fantastic Memes:
- Identity through Inou-Battle — an interesting (and amusing) analysis from both Frog-kun and ZeroReq011, delving into the recent anime adaptation of the Supernatural Battles LN series
- Qualidea of Scum and a Gold Coin — a quick look at a new LN series collaboration by Watari Wataru (Oregairu) and Sagara Sou (Henneko)
- Why You Should Support the English Light Novel Industry — (and how you can do it!)
And here are a few more light novel blog posts I’ve found from the past month:
- Geekout South-West has added another post on light novels, this one including a look at Kaze no Stigma, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, and Sunday Without God.
- Otaku Rose discovers light novels, and shares her thoughts on the first one she read: Maid Machinegun.
- Here’s a review from Windborne for a light novel series currently getting an anime adaptation: Shinmai Maou no Testament.
- I haven’t linked many reviews before for specific LN volumes past volume 1… And I haven’t been writing any, either! I hope to change that this year, so we’ll see how that goes. But for now, here’s a review from Melodicity on the second volume of Apocalypse Alice.
- Update: Here’s a nice LN article from 1000paperwishes, which delves into light novels as literature, and includes a review of Mimizuku and the King of Night. (Another book to add to my to-read list!)
That’s what I have for now, but I’ll be glad to link more blog posts or articles from the past month if you let me know of them.
Also, feel free to comment and say what light novels you’re reading! (Or recently finished!) There will be a lot releasing this year, so I’ll be curious to see what books are being picked up and enjoyed the most. I am probably going to start reading Another, since I recently got a nice hardcover book for that. I am also in the middle of the first volume for When Hikaru Was On the Earth…, and so far that’s proven to be interesting.