Following the conclusion of the Naruto manga in November 2015, six light novels were announced to continue the story in Japan. As of this time four have been released, with the remaining two books to follow in the summer. These volumes are titled:
- Kakashi Hiden: Hyouten no Ikazuchi (Lightning in the Icy Sky) — by Akira Higashiyama
- Shikamaru Hiden: Yami no Shijima ni Ukabu Kumo (A Cloud Drifting in Silent Darkness) — by Takashi Yano
- Sakura Hiden: Shiren, Harukaze ni Nosete (Thoughts of Love, Riding Upon a Spring Breeze) — by Tomohito Osaki
- Konohagakure Hiden: Shuugenbiyori (The Perfect Day for a Wedding) — by Shou Hinata
- Gaara Hiden
- Akatsuki Hiden
Viz Media has recently announced there will be English releases for the first three novels, which will be titled and released as follows:
- Naruto: Kakashi’s Story — November 2015
- Naruto: Shikamaru’s Story — February 2016
- Naruto: Sakura’s Story — May 2016
The stories will all include illustrations from manga creator Masashi Kishimoto. Pictured below are the Japanese covers for the first three novels:
Synopsis for Naruto: Kakashi’s Story
A year has passed since the Fourth Great Ninja War, and Kakashi’s appointment to Hokage looms. But first he heads to the Land of Waves for a dangerous mission rescuing hostages from a top-secret airship. There he confronts a ninja whose heart is frozen by tragedy. Having lost both his friend’s eye and his greatest abilities, can Kakashi really protect anyone? What is the true meaning of the will of fire gained in the distant heavens? Kakashi finds these answers and more as he opens the door to a new ninja era.
One thought on “News: Three Naruto Epilogue Novels Licensed by Viz Media”
Sakura on the cover looks like a beautiful woman. I am really looking forward to Kakashi’s story.