It’s already August! That means we’re in our final month for the LN summer reading program, which will focus on Durarara!! volume 1 (as recently released by Yen Press) and The Witch’s House: Diary of Ellen (as fan-translated online).
Here is a schedule for the weekly discussions:
Monday, August 10th
- For Durarara, read the prologue and chapters one through four. This is up to page 71 in the paperback.
- For Witch’s House, read the prologue and chapters one and two.
Monday, August 17th
- For Durarara, read chapters five through nine. This is up to page 149 in the paperback.
- For Witch’s House, read chapters three and four.
Monday, August 24th
- For Durarara, read chapter ten, “last chapter,” and the two epilogue chapters to finish the story.
- For Witch’s House, read chapter 5 and the epilogue to finish the story.
If you decide to read ahead on either of these books, that’s fine — just don’t post spoilers for later readings in the discussions. I’ll see about putting a mini-schedule in the sidebar to serve as a reminder for anyone who is interested in reading either (or both) of these books.
And now, for some links to various light novel posts this past month.
First a few reviews:
- Durarara (volume 1) by A Case Suitable for Treatment.
- Another for Durarara volume 1, over at AniTay.
- Also from AniTay, a review for the second volume of Log Horizon.
- For a review of an English web novel called Tokyo Demons, here is a review from Narrative Investigations.
- The Gekkou light novel is recommended at Black White Snow.
- kuuderes_shadow wrote a follow-up article in response to the one I linked from ANN last month, regarding light novel series still up for anime adaptations. The list of LNs this time focus on popular series from the last four years.
- Also from kuuderes_shadow, an interesting post regarding light novel licenses from Fujimi Fantasia Bunko. This includes a possible explanation for why certain series have their manga adaptations licensed, but not the original novels.