As explained previously, the light novels we’ll be discussing for the summer reading program this year will be partly determined by vote. I have gathered all your submitted suggestions, so now it’s time for the second and final round of voting. There are two polls, so you get to choose one officially-released novel and one fan-translated novel. Below you will find links to a synopsis for each choice, so feel free to research the candidates a bit before you vote.
The deadline for voting will be Saturday May 7th, so I will announce the winners of each poll on the following day (Sunday, the 8th). The winner for the officially-released LN poll will be read and discussed in August. The 1st-place entry for the fan-translated LN poll will be read and discussed in June, and the 2nd-place entry in July. I’ll also choose August’s fan-translated LN when the voting results are announced.
Note: In the event that one of the winning fan-translated light novels gets licensed for official release before we read it, I think it would be best to replace it with the next highest-voted candidate. Example: If the 2nd-place entry (which we would read in July) gets licensed in June (and thus the fan translation likely gets taken off the web), we will read the 3rd-place entry for July instead. Once said 2nd-place LN gets its official release, I’d be fine with having a “bonus” set of discussions for it at that time, if that sounds fair.
Officially-Released Light Novel Poll
Choose the light novel you wish to read and discuss this August!
- The Irregular at Magic High School — MAL Entry
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes — MAL Entry
- Overlord — MAL Entry
- Pandora Hearts: Caucus Race — MAL Entry
- Re: Zero — MAL Entry
- Rising of the Shield Hero — MAL Entry
- Spice and Wolf — MAL Entry
Fan-Translated Light Novel Poll
Choose the light novel you wish to read and discuss the most this summer! (First-place winner will be read in June; second-place winner will be read in July)
- Chrome Shelled Regios — Translation Link — MAL Entry
- Clockwork Planet — Translation Link — MAL Entry
- The Empty Box and the Zeroth Maria (Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria) — Translation Link — MAL Entry
- Evil God Average (Jashin Average) — Translation Link — MAL Entry
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar) — Translation Link — MAL Entry
- Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon) — Translation Link — MAL Entry
- “Strangled” — I’m A High School Boy and a Successful Light Novel Author, But I’m Being Strangled By A Female Classmate Who’s A Voice Actress And Is Younger Than Me (Danshi Koukousei de Urekko Light Novel Sakka wo Shiteiru keredo, Toshishita no Classmate de Seiyuu no Onnanoko ni Kubi wo Shimerareteiru) — Translation Link — MAL Entry
- Our Journey to the End of the Ceasing World (Tabi ni Deyou, Horobiyuku Sekai no Hate made) — Translation Link — MAL Entry
- Washio Sumi is a Hero (Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru) — Translation Link — MAL Entry